Salvation Army worker Chuck Hawley, from Oregon, was on his way to work one morning when he spotted a dark shadow in the road that at first he thought was a box.
To some annoyed motorists driving by he stopped in the road and got out to take a closer look and discovered it was a kitten. He couldn’t understand why the kitten remained in the road and then realized why it couldn’t move. The reason is just heart breaking and one which has angered people around the world.
Wet and freezing
When the Silverton resident got out of his car and tried to pick the kitten up, he realized she was covered in glue.
“It’s a kitten just sitting upright shaking like a leaf. And some a&#hole had spread glue on its paws and stuck it to the road,” Chuck wrote on a Facebook post.
“She was wet and freezing and literally glued to the road. And NO ONE STOPPED.”
The 5-week-old kitten also had glue on her neck and body but mostly the glue had been spread on its paws and tail.
Chuck tried to remove the glue with dish soap and then he took the frightened feline to Silver Creek Animal Clinic, where staff had to use mineral oil to get the glue out. They also found a cut on her neck where either someone tried to get her or tie string around her neck.
This sweet kitten called Sticky, who now lives with Chuck, his wife, two children and two dogs, is becoming quite the celebrity. Chuck’s Facebook post has attracted almost a million responses of support and shock from people at why someone would do such a thing. Chuck says the response has helped restore his faith in humanity
“For every jerky that would glue a cat to the road there are 500,000 people that would stop and save that cat, it seems like we only hear about the bad things but there are a lot of good people out there,” he told the Statesman Journal.
Chuck and his family were so inspired by Sticky and the joy this cat has brought to their house that they have started a non profit to help spread kindness to those who need it most.
Just showin' off my new bling…yeah…it's got a bell …??
This is probably one of the worse cases of animal abuse I’ve read but I’m so grateful there are people like Chuck and his family in the world.
Share this article to pay tribute to the animal hero Chuck!