There’s nothing more relaxing than a long walk in the park with your dog by your side. I spend my whole day looking forward to coming home and enjoying the outdoors with my pet!
And of course, not only do our four-legged friends love exploring the outdoors, but it’s also important for them to get out and enjoy some fresh air and exercise.
But now dog owners are being warned to be on the look-out during their daily strolls.
Terrifyingly, there have been reports of people leaving bread filled with rat poison in dog parks across the UK. Local police have even released a warning to residents.
We’ve put together all the warning signs and tips you need to know to keep your dog safe.
When you’re done reading, please make sure you share this article to let everyone else know, too.
It was Christmas day when Sussex Police in the UK received reports of piles of bread stuffed with green pills left around dog parks. These pills contain rat poison, and pose an extremely dangerous threat to dogs walking in the area.
Warning for dog walkers in #PrestonPark, #Brighton. We have received a call this morning that multiple piles of bread with rat poison were found.
If you are concerned that your dog may have consumed any poison the @RSPCA have provided this advice https://t.co/qWFwc5Jtmx
— Sussex Police (@sussex_police) December 25, 2017
Essex Animal Hospital confirmed the reports, and urged owners to keep an eye on their dogs while outside and to get in touch immediately if they think their pet has eaten the poisoned bread.
RAT POISON !FYI EVERYONE !!! From, Spotted in Kingsville's pageA lady was walking her dog this morning through…
The bread smells good to curious dogs enjoying their walk through the park, and they are likely to ingest the poison if they find them.
The effects of dogs ingesting this poison are severe and often fatal. Most terrifyingly, most dogs show no symptoms immediately after ingesting the poison.
PetMD warns dog owners to look out for symptoms such as loss of appetite, impaired movement, slight muscle tremors and paralysis of the animal’s hind limbs.
Watch the clip below to learn what to do if your pet ingests this poison, and for tips on how to avoid it:
I just can’t understand why anyone would want to cause harm to an animal. It’s terrifying to think how easily our pets could come into harms way.
Please help us share this story to all your dog-loving friends, so that everyone knows how to avoid their pet being poisoned.
Published by Newsner. Please like.