A bacteria devours her insides after she eats her favorite food – now her family has this warning

Eating is a pleasure, I think most of you will agree. But you have to be careful about what you put in your mouth when it comes to raw food.

Jeanette LeBlanc, a woman from Louisiana, ate one of her favorite raw foods – and it led to her death.

Jeanette LeBlanc, 55, was crabbing on the Louisiana coast with her friends and family in September of 2017, when she contracted the bacteria, reports CBS News.

Jeanette LeBlanc

According to her friend Karen Bowers, Jeanette ate about two dozen raw oysters that day. After the meal she began to feel unwell.

At first, Karen thought that it was an allergic reaction.


But the woman got worse and a few days later she had to be taken to the hospital. There, doctors revealed that she had vibrio, a flesh eating bacteria.

According to doctors, a person can become infected with this bacteria after eating raw or undercooked foods.

Jeanette LeBlanc battled the bacterium for 21 days in the hospital, but finally passed away on October 15, 2017.


What the doctors discovered is chilling. The oysters Jeanette ate had a flesh eating bacteria that began to devour the woman’s body from within.

Now family and friends are raising funds to start a campaign to raise awareness of the risks of this deadly bacterium. If they had known it earlier, it would have saved Jeanette’s life.

This is terrifying. It’s tragic that a fun family outing turned into tragedy. But we can help Jeanette’s family and friends with their mission to raise awareness of this bacteria.

Please help us share their warning by sharing this article with your friends on Facebook. If we can warn others of the dangers of eating raw food, then Jeanette’s death won’t have been in vain.

Published by Newsner. Please like.