Christmas is approaching and there is a lot to think about during this busy time. Despite Halloween and Thanksgiving still to come I’m already thinking about gifts and food I can prepare in advance.
There’s no harm thinking about this busy festive period now, in fact it’s the smart thing to do. The more you can get done in advance the better.
This grown up recipe is a real hit with my friends as it combines chocolate and Baileys into a delicious indulgence that can be enjoyed as a festive treat or makes the perfect gift for that special person you know with a sweet tooth. And better still requires no baking!
You will need:
For the cheesecake layers
16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
4 tbsp Baileys
For the whipped cream and cookies
1 cup heavy whipping cream, cold
2 tablespoons Baileys
1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
1. In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, sugar and cocoa together in a bowl until smooth. Add your Baileys and mix until well incorporated. Set aside.
2. Take another bowl, and whip heavy whipping cream, until it starts to thicken. Add Baileys, cocoa and powdered sugar and continue to whip until stiff peaks form.
3. Third step is making the trifles. Divide half of the cookie crumbs evenly between the four cups and spread into an even layer in the bottom of the cups.
4. Spoon an even layer of cheesecake filling on top of the cookie crumbs in each of the four cups. Pipe, or spoon, an even layer of whipped cream on top of the cheesecake filling in each of the four cups.
5. Divide remaining cookie crumbs between the four cups and evenly distribute the second layer of crumbs on top of the whipped cream. You can keep a little bit of crumbs aside, if you want to use them to sprinkle on top of the finished trifles.
6. Spoon remaining cheesecake filling on top of cookie crumbs, distributing evenly between the four cups. Top each trifle with a swirl of whipped cream and a few more cookie crumbs.
7. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
The video below shows you how to make these delicious grown up treats!
This is the perfect gift for Christmas or as a special treat for yourself which can be enjoyed any time of the year.
Feel free to share this recipe on Facebook with all your friends and family!