There’s not a lot you can buy for one dollar these days. Even the dollar store doesn’t sell much for a dollar once you factor in the tax added on at the check out.
But did you know that some dollar bills are worth more than their face value? No neither did I, until one website published a list of serial numbers to look out for on your cash.
Apparently the value of your bill depends on the eight-digit serial numbers printed on your bills. Certain serial numbers means your bill could be worth over $1,000 to an interested collector.
- Seven repeating digits in a row on $1 Federal Reserve notes (e.g., 09999999, 18888888, 19999999, etc.)
- Seven of a kind on $1 Federal Reserve notes (e.g., 00010000, 00090000, 90999999, etc.)
- Super radars on $1 Federal Reserve Notes (e,g,, 01111110, 10000001, 80000008, etc.)
- Super repeaters on $1 Federal Reserve notes (e.g., 67676767)
- Double quads on $1 Federal Reserve notes (e.g., 11110000, 44440000, 88880000, etc.)
In addition to the above selection from the most wanted list, the website also features a sale list where you can buy bills with valuable serial numbers on. The site also lists several $2, $5, $10, $20, and $50 bills for much more than their face value.
If you think you have a bill with an unusual serial number on that isn’t listed you could always try selling it on eBay.
Do you think you might have a valuable dollar bill in your purse or wallet? Please share this article with everyone you know in case they have more than they think in their wallet.