I grew up eating cauliflower so I’m happy that such a healthy vegetable has become popular again. Not only are people using it for pizza bases to help cut the carbs but its texture is proving to be a great base for many other dishes.
For those of you who are new to the versatility of cauliflower then this recipe is a great starter.
It’s a cauliflower roulade filled with meat and goat cheese. There are some quick and simple steps and the end result is so impressive, it looks like you’ve been in the kitchen all day!
Scroll down to find out the ingredients and directions; you won’t regret it.
You will need:
- 16 oz cauliflower
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 oz shredded mozzarella
- 1 oz grated parmesan
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp garlic, minced
- 1 egg, whisked
For the filling:
- 7 oz cream cheese
- 3 oz goat cheese
- ½ tbsp honey
- 10 yellow cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 7 oz beef, cut into strips
- 1 rosemary sprig
- 2–3 garlic cloves
- salt & pepper
How to use:
1. Boil the cauliflower. Squeeze out the liquid and mash in a bowl.
2. Mix together egg, mozzarella, parmesan, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper.
3. Evenly spread the mixture on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and bake for 20 minutes at 400°F.
4. Once the pan has cooled, spread cream cheese over the cauliflower sheet and add yellow cherry tomatoes and parsley.
5. Slice the beef into thin strips and cook them in a pan together with rosemary and garlic. Spread the beef and pieces of goat cheese over the cauliflower sheet. Drizzle a little honey over the entire dish and season with salt and pepper.
6. Lift the parchment paper and roll the entire package together. Bake for 10 minutes at 400°F.
Watch the different stages to creating this impressive meal in the video below.
I really love this recipe because it’s unusual and it works for a special occasion or family dinner. It looks so good!
Feel free to share the recipe with your friends, to spread the inspiration further. They might even thank you for it!