Eating healthy is something we should all strive for, but it’s often easier said than done — especially with so many temptations along the way.
We all strive to eat healthy after the mega feast that Christmas brought, only to find Valentine’s Day just around the corner, filled with more sweet treats that we have to try and resist.
My weakness is sugar and the more I have the more I want. But I’ve found a recipe that not only starts my day off the right way but it also feels like I’m having a sweet treat — without any of the sugar.
These perfect morsels are also great during the day when my sugar cravings hit and they keep me fuller for longer than a pastry or a cake. Better still they require three simple ingredients and hardly any time to prepare!
These raisin banana oat cookies are something I make all the time and my kids love them.
Packed with protein, vitamins and antioxidants, these cookies not only taste good but are good for you.
No sugar, additives or unnatural flavorings! You will be amazed at how easy these cookies are to make and are only 70 calories each.
To make this healthy snack you will need:
Ingredients (makes 12):
- 3 bananas
- 1½ cups / 150g rolled oats
- 2 tbsp raisins
- Grind the oats for a few seconds to make an oat powder. It doesn’t have to be fine, they just need to be broken up a bit.
- Peel the bananas and then mash them.
- Mix everything together until combined.
- Spoon onto a non stick sheet and spread out to make a cookie biscuit shape.
- Bake for 15-20 mins until golden brown at 350°F / 180 °C.
In less than half an hour, and with just three ingredients, you can make the perfect healthy snack!
Don’t forget to hit SHARE so that more of your friends can enjoy this simple and delicious recipe