Taco night is a common staple in most U.S. households and I’m pleased to say that delicious Mexican food is spreading in popularity across the globe.
But with all the fixings and different filling requests from family members, taco night can be a lot of work.
Recently I came across a recipe that simplifies taco night and takes these simple ingredients to a whole new level.
It’s become a family favorite in my house and I just had to share.
This is a simple taco dish with all the staple ingredients in one tasty casserole so the cooking and clean up is much more simple.
It was an instant hit with my family as they could still choose their own toppings and it used a fraction of the serving plates.
May I introduce the delicious Taco Bake!
- 1 lb ground beef of turkey
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 2/3 cup water
- Chili cheese fritos
- 1/2 can cheddar cheese soup
- 1/4 cup milk
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Toppings desired: salsa, sour cream, onion, tomato, avocado, etc
- Brown beef or turkey over medium high heat until no longer pink.
- Drain fat and add in the taco seasoning and water.
- Simmer on low heat for about 5 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed and meat is thoroughly coated in seasoning.
- Layer chili cheese Fritos on the bottom of and 8 x 8 baking dish.
- Place seasoned meat on top of Fritos.
- In a saucepan, heat cheddar cheese soup and milk over low heat.
- Once warm, pour cheese mixture on top of meat.
- Sprinkle mozzarella evenly over cheese and place pan in preheated oven, 350, for about 12-14 minutes.
- Then you can remove from the pan and top with your favorite toppings.
Taco Bake!!! ?“Walking Tacos” all in one casserole dish!!! ?Get the Recipe now:http://thecookinchicks.com/2014/10/taco-bake/
Feel free to share this delicious, fuss-free recipe with your friends, it could become a family favorite in their house too.