Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches is a staple of most American diets and has even traveled across the pond as a lunchtime treat.
It’s a versatile snack that can be eaten any time of the day, from first thing in the morning to last thing at night.
But for many parents, eating peanut butter and sweet jelly sandwiches is not something they want their children to eat all the time due to the high sugar content.
Thankfully peanut butter and banana sandwiches are a healthier option and taste just as good. I found this recipe which takes the humble peanut butter and banana sandwich to a whole new level.
It’s too delicious not to share.
This recipe combines two American loves: peanut butter and the grilled cheese sandwich, but this is a healthier option and perfect for kids, as well as satisfying the big kid in all of us.
Said to be one of Elvis Presley’s favorite foods the Grilled Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich is sure to be hit with all your friends and family.
Follow the simple steps below which require just 4 ingredients.
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 slices of wholewheat bread
- 1 banana sliced
- Heat a skillet or griddle over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of peanut butter onto one side of each slice of bread.
- Place banana slices onto the peanut buttered side of one slice, top with the other slice and press together firmly.
- Fry the sandwich until golden brown on each side, about 2 minutes per side.
Watch how to make this delicious sandwich in the video below.
Try this simple recipe for yourself. Your family and friends will thank you for it.
If you loved it don’t forget to share it with others.