The lighter months of the year are nearly upon us, and it’s almost time to pull out the garden furniture and start enjoying the outdoors again!
Spring is also the time of year when we feel most inspired, at least in my home. You’ve been sitting in the dark for several months, now you just want to go out in the spring sun and create beautiful things!
Now I’ve stumbled upon a little trick that will help us brighten up our homes in time for spring. I’m talking about a homemade flower stand. It’s simple to build, and is ready in no time at all.
Take a look at the tip below, and feel free to share it with your friends who need a little spring inspiration. I’m sure they’ll appreciate it!
5 kg cement
750 ml water
3 round table legs
1. Choose a mortar bucket that is large enough for you to store items on later. When you have the bucket ready, pour the concrete down and fill with water. The mixture should be about 10 cm deep in the bucket
2. Mix well. Lightly hit the sides of the buckets with your hands to get rid of any air bubbles
3. Press three table legs into the concrete. Hold them in place along the side of the bucket with duct tape and let the concrete dry for 24 hours
4. Remove the tape and then pull the concrete out of the bucket
5. Turn over, sand the surface and, finally, find the most beautiful flowers you can. Your home made flower stand is now ready to meet spring!
Watch the clip below to see exactly what you need to do:
If flowers aren’t your thing, you could always use this stand as a hall table – or even a simple stool.
Don’t forget to share this tip with someone you think will appreciate it!